Monday, June 7, 2010

Paying My Bills

Each month I have to visit many office to pay my bills. One day it is the electric company, the next the internet provider, the following day the water. Often I don't even receive my bill; I have to keep track of when I owe them money and make sure I pay the bill on time. I live in a state of worry that one service or another will be cut. Last week my electricity was cut and when I went to see the Director to find out why he was apologetic and said that it had been a mistake.

This task is made even more difficult by the companies themselves, who keep odd business hours and are often closed for unexplained reasons. My internet provider is the worst. Each month I have to taxi around to many locations trying to find one that happens to have a cashier in the office. Yesterday the cashier at one location was sick, two other offices didn't provided cashier services at all, and the third was open with a long line out the door.

It is easy to get frustrated but I always try to take a deep breathe and remind myself that I am lucky- at least I have reliable access internet! At least I have running water! At least I have steady electricity! Running around to pay my bills is actually a small price to pay.

3 comments:

  1. Are you someone's sugar mama? I was wondering this after seeing your video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, I'd never get to my bills if it were that difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samosas- No! I don't have a sugar baby and Jocy I guess it all part the experience!!!

    ReplyDelete