Saturday, October 16, 2010

Itsy Bitsy

Spider! 




This little fella moved in my house lately and lives near my desk. He is my protector. 

I think it may have been a spider that bit my knee in Senegal this past August. It is just a guess. A little red bump soon turned into a much bigger problem. It got infected and gave me a very swollen leg. A few hours after arriving home in the U.S. I found myself in urgent care. $400 later, I was left with a prescription for antibiotics and no clearer picture of what caused this infection in the first place. Thankfully, I now have only a small scar as a reminder. I am sure it will go away with time. 

I like to think that my new friend is here to show me that I have nothing to fear anymore. I have a new bodyguard. He is fierce!

No comments:

Post a Comment