Thursday, April 15, 2010

Weekends in Nouakchott

I love weekends. Even though I always have papers to grade and lessons to plan, I always find time to relax and take long sips of hot coffee. I also spend my time with friends, hanging out and getting caught up on all the news. 



Recently, I have added a new activity. I visit the local orphanage every week and spend time with all of the adorable children. So far, every activity that I have introduced has been met with enthusiasm. These little sweethearts are always ready to have fun!




They love to draw,



they love to play games,


but most of all, they love to dance!



The longer I live in Nouakchott, the more amazing and inspiring people I meet. I know that I will never get tired of visiting this center because the children are precious and they deserve to laugh and learn as much as possible!



4 comments:

  1. love the vivid bright colours of the toys and clothes... you are very precious to them too, no doubt Delia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shaista! You always have such thoughtful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel your love, energy and enthusiasm in this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you mean much to them, as well. I discovered your blog via Anu.

    ReplyDelete