Sunday, May 16, 2010

Staph is not my friend

The other day I woke up with a swollen lip. Apparently it is some kind of staph infection. It is painful! I started taking antibiotics and I am just waiting for it to clear up. Then I went to class today, feeling self-conscious and BAD about having to give 50 oral exams when I felt so sick (it is finals week!). 

One of my students came an hour late. After listening to my brief lecture, he sat down and began to work. I looked at him and realized that he had a swollen lip in the exact same place. He said, "that's what I have been trying to tell you teacher." At least we could laugh about it together. I didn't feel so self-conscious anymore. I guess staph bacteria is really contagious. So now the question is, who got it first? In any case, I think we will both be ok! 



No comments:

Post a Comment