Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day



I wanted to do a silly, fun activity in my class for Valentines Day. In the last 15 minutes of class, I cut out paper hearts and and distributed markers to each table. I told my students to write a message on the card for a classmate, focusing on writing something they appreciate in a classmate (not about love), such as always having a positive attitude. I asked them to write a card to someone that they don't know very well (I should have asked the students to write a card for the person sitting next to them). I thought it would be a good opportunity for community-building by showing our appreciation for each other.


At the end of class, I was left with a huge pile of valentines day cards for myself! It was thoughtful and nice but not exactly the activity that I had in mind. I hung the cards up on the door of the library and I have to say it makes me smile when I look at all these sweet cards. Next time I will have to give clearer instructions!

No comments:

Post a Comment