Monday, November 23, 2009

Better Late than Never

Hooray for care packages! When you are far from home there is nothing that compares to the joy of receiving care packages! This week I received FIVE packages (you know who you are amazingly thoughtful friends). 


One of these packages embarked on a long five month journey around the world! My friend sent me a box on June 30th when I was still in Ethiopia. I was so sad to tell her that I never received it and I asked my friends in Addis to be on the look-out for it. They sent me discouraging reports. It seemed that it had disappeared. 


Miraculously, the box reappeared on her doorstep in October. Thank you for guarding my care package Ethiopian postal system! My friend was happy to forward the box to the other side of the continent. The contents were a little worse for the wear but everything was in tact! Inside I found an assortment of gems, including vintage postcards, sunscreen, candy, and a pair of barber scissors. These were intended for one of the refugees in the camp who was attending cosmetology school. Now, I will have to return the good deed and find a needy Mauritanian aspiring barber! 






1 comment: