Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dakar = Love.

I left my house yesterday at 5:03 am. I arrived at my wonderful friend's hotel in Dakar at 18:00. Not bad! We only had two flat tires along the way. We didn't even stop for a snack. As soon as I got in I took a long hot shower, the first one in a long time, and then we were off to enjoy a delicious bowl of pad thai! Next stop was for a nice coffee a fun live music venue (although we were too tired to stay for the live music). 


We woke up early, went out for a lovely breakfast and then I went in search of the Cape Verte consulate. A police officer joined me in the search and ended up leading me to the office of the Cape Verte airline company. They sent me in a taxi to the consulate where the friendly staff helped me out. A few minutes later, I was free from the worries of completing my mission and roaming the corridors of Dakar's new shopping mall. There is an Apple Store, among many others. I bought a chocolate bar at the fancy grocery store and took in the lovely views of the Atlantic coast. So far it has been a perfect visit to Dakar. This has been a fabulous Spring Break already and the adventure has just begun!



No comments:

Post a Comment