Sunday, December 15, 2013

Glamorous Life

Yesterday I had my first class. I will train a small group of teachers from the Algiers Region two times per week for seven months. We started the first weekly session today. 

I am so happy to be in the classroom again. We meet in a beautiful conference room. The sun shines on all all day through a wall of windows. There is a white board, pens, and endless reams of flip chart paper. After each class we are treated to a beautiful three course lunch with salad, soup, and a main course (chicken, fish, etc.). They even prepared a special meal for me. 




One of my Ugandan friends told me he came here for the free University education provided by the Algerian government. One year of housing and food costs just 400 dinar - $5! There is unlimited bread, fruit, salad and a main course each day (chicken three times per week). There is also free transportation provided to students who live off-campus. In Algiers alone there are over 2,000 free buses allocated for higher education. Of course the tuition is free. 

Incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment