Tuesday, December 3, 2013

New Beginning

I started teaching this week. I found 22 eager, motivated and skilled teachers in my first workshop. Their experience ranged from 3 months to ten years. I was so delighted to see that the Ministry of Youth and Sports provided a spacious and well-equipped conference room, as well as a lovely snack and beautiful lunch. They handled all of the logistics, which I could never manage anyone to do for my work in four years in Nouakchott. I miss the students and teachers I worked with in Mauritania so greatly, but I have a feeling that this change will be positive for me. 



When I am in the classroom I feel like a whole, complete person. I can't wait to see my new cohort again. The generosity, kindness, and support shown to me so far by the teachers and administration of the Ministry has been truly exceptional and unforgettable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment