Friday, January 24, 2014

Bread: The Greatest Gift


Last week I came back from Morocco to find that my water pump broke. It always seems like something breaks whenever I travel. I waited a few hours with high hopes it would fix itself. At 7 pm I realized that I needed help. I called my landlord who told me that the plumber would come in two days. The last time he said he would be here I waited two more weeks. I went downstairs to see if my neighbor could help. She is really kind and her son always offers to carry my heavy boxes, etc upstairs for me. 

When I knocked on their door they welcomed me in and gave me freshly baked bread and salad. We talked about my trip and I heard all the updates on the family. They are everything I could ever ask for neighbors to be. The wonderful son called his friend, a plumber, and they came over the next morning to fix my water pump. It's so important to have generous neighbors. I am so fortunate. 

Yesterday I saw the son in the hallway. He asked me to wait a second and then he came out with a warm loaf of bread. I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment