Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spellbound

Today I showed the film Spellbound as part of a movie series I started in December on the campus of the teacher training college. The monthly movie club has been a lot of fun and hopefully it helps our teacher-trainees to see some other teachers in action. I also invited University students and in-service teachers to join us because we have plenty of space!

Some of the University students who came decided to play along with the movie by spelling out the words with the movie contestants. I saw them writing down the correct spellings as they were read. At the end of the movie they came to ask me how to spell logorrhea, the final word from the movie. A teacher came to the rescue and spelled it for them. Of course I had no idea!

I wish that all movies could be so interactive- it makes watching it so much more engaging! Many of my students reported that this was the best movie we have watched so far, although that could be the subject of a great debate!


No comments:

Post a Comment