Sunday, May 8, 2011

Alter-ego: Game Show Host

Today we played "Jeopardy" in my class. It was the end of the year celebration. I invited my colleagues to join me. They adopted the roles of timekeeper, score-keeper, and judges. I was the host of the show, wearing gold, glitter and a big smile throughout the event.




My first year students were the champions of the game, winning by only 200 points. It was a tough competition! The students all wrote the questions (each team wrote 20) and selected the categories. It was virtually impossible to guess the answers and yet despite this the students did manage to answer each-others questions, as well as their own. Of course, in my non-competitive nature I wanted everyone to win. That's not how the game is played! I presented each student with the same certificate and prize.




After the game was over, we all drank soda and watched the movie made by the first year students. It was a true celebration. It won't be the last one!!! We have lots of plans before the summer break officially begins and I have to say farewell. 




I am so proud of my students this year. They really did an incredible amount of work in such a short period of time. Days like this are a reminder that I am very privileged to teach at the Ecole Normale Superieure. 



No comments:

Post a Comment