Saturday, May 28, 2011

King Kong Masterpiece

I love original paintings. In Haiti I went crazy for the cheap canvas works and gobbled up a handful in a matter of seconds. I have thought of commissioning artists to paint members of my family, friends, etc for many years but never got around to following up on the idea. Recently a friend recommended a local painter to me and I decided to see his talents for myself. I brought a photograph taken last summer of a group of friends and I at "Dinosaur Land" in Virginia. 


The painter became excited when we saw the photo and exclaimed, "King Kong!" I guess it is a universally known icon. Who knew??? Today I went to collect the finished work and I am delighted with the results. It is a masterpiece. What to you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment