Sunday, May 29, 2011

New beginning


The stray kittens outside my door are not doing well. Yesterday one went missing and later I found it shivering at the bottom of a brick outside. The neighbor kids had been "playing" with it all day. I  haven't been able to force the little kitty to eat or drink anything for two days now. The kittens' eyes are all infected and closed and their coats are looking mangey. 

When I recounted this story to my friend who drives me everywhere (taximan) he said that he would like one of the kittens. Surprised, I reminded him that they are really sick. He said he didn't mind and genuinely wanted one. He came over the next day to pick the little black and white fella. He said his new name is Gaddafi and cuddled the kitten in his arms. I offered to give Gaddafi a bath before going back to his new home, since he was covered in fleas and looked quite dirty. 


Gaddafi hated it but definitely needed it. He sat in a little ball in his new guardian's lap while he drove off to start his new life. I hope that his three brothers and sisters have an equally bright future. Or at this point, I am hoping they have a future at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment